Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sending Congrats! - New Baby

Hi Everyone!


Hope your week was great! We had our first flag football game, boy was it fun!
I have a card that I created for a family friend that's having a baby girl.  She's was due Friday so anytime now! I saw a couple challenges this week for babies so I kept them in mind when creating this card. Cricut 360 is having a welcome Baby challenge using dry embossing.  I tried out something new (for me). I cut out the carriage shape and used glitter glue and let it dry, then I used an embossing folder and ran it through the cuttlebug.  Next My Time to Craft is having a nursery necessities challenge. For this week's challenge just have something to do with Babies on your card. Here is the card!



Card - 4.25" x 5.5"
Cartridge - Stamping
Paper - Recollections, K&Company
White Gel Pen - Sakura
Brads - K&Company
Ribbon - Celebrate it
Machine stitched
Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
Sentiment - Hampton Art Stamp
Glitter Glue - Studio G
Photobucket

12 comments:

Georgiana said...

What a pretty card. I sure do like that sketch you used and those brads for wheels are perfect.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Amy said...

What a pretty pink girl card! I love the patterned papers you chose! :)Amy

Jovan said...

OMG...this is so pretty!

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Shelly,GORGEOUS job with this SWEET card,TO CUTE!I LOVE all the great layers,AMAZING work girl!!:)

Sonya said...

What a sweet little card! Love it! So glad you joined us at Cricut360 this week!!

FaithbyHeavenlyDesigns said...

Beautiful Card Shelly!! I love the colors and that ribbon!! Thanks for sharing!!
Amanda

Candy said...

Such a pretty card Shelly! Love that bow and the papers you used.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Come on over and enter my new giveaway!

cuttlebug_fan said...

Your card is very cute. Love all the details, specially what you used for the stroller wheels. Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360.

Leirad

leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

tiggertastic said...

fantastic make

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS! Shelly, you just made me smile so monstrously. The papers are stunning, the ribbon looks incredible alongside the scallop, and the carriage is beyond beautiful. And then you went and made the wheels so cute, too. Could I love this any more? (No, I cannot! Because you used stitching, too!) This will surely be treasured by your family friend for eons. :o) (I'm sorry for the delay in this comment... I never, ever like to be away like this! Grr!)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! This is so cute Shelly! The papers are perfect and I love the stroller technique with the glitter glue:) So cute...love the polka dot ribbon~such a huge fan of polka dots :)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

How gorgeous!! I love the look of the glitter glue and then the embossing folder! Genius!! The colors are so beautiful and the entire design is so fabulous and perfect for a new baby :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com