Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Merry Christmas

Hi Everyone!


What a beautiful day here in my city! I had some time this morning to create a fun little Holiday card! I recently purchased some Stampin Up stamps from a new bloggy friend Nikki over at Creations by Mommy.  Stop by and see some of her cards, they are just so pretty! I also recently purchased the Cricut Cartridge Jolly Holidays. I couldn't wait to try out both! I really like the cartridge and the stamps are fabulous.  For this card I created my own embellishment which is the snow.  I used cotton balls and clear transparent glitter embossing powder. I also used lots of stickles.  
 Here is the card I created and the challenges I will be entering.


Creative Cutter Room - Holiday Challenge Use Glitter, Button, & Embossing
Crafty Ribbons - Bingo I chose Glitter, Buttons, Handmade Embellishment
Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge - Glitter or bling

Card - 4.25" x 5.5"
Cricut Cartridge - Jolly Holidays
Paper - American Crafts, Recollections
Sentiment - Stampin UP 
Button - MM
Twine - Stampin UP
Machine Stitched
Photobucket

15 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute fat Santa! Love the fun retro paper and card! :)Amy

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute, jolly Santa! He looks like he's gonna jump off the card! to cute...love the pattern paper, so festive and awesome sentiment. Great Christmas card Shelly!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karen said...

wow love everything about this card the stamp and the stitching and the santa. I have that cart but don't remember the santa guess I will have to look at it again. So I guess it's time to start pumping out the Christmas cards...lol....let the fun begin...

Jayne said...

Great card Shelly.Love the jolly santa and your snowballs are fab.
Jayne x

June Houck said...

Super fun card! Great papers, fab trim (across the card), and I love the stitching on the sides of the sentiment :)

Cathie Rigby said...

What a super cute card! I love the Santa-I need to get this cartridge-thanks for sharing it in the Creative Cutter Room. hugs Cathie

Kate said...

So Cute. I love this image.

Hugs,
Kate

Raquel SK said...

What a lovely card! That is one cute Santa and the stitching detail is just perfect! TFS!-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Oh how cute! I totally want to hug him! :o) He couldn't be any jollier, now could he? I mean, you sparklified his sack and he's standing on a button! That's pure happiness. I love your cottony snow and the stitching is fabulous! I love the stamp, too. I'm yearning for a Christmas cart! And you know what's funny? For some reason I always mentally reciprocate your blog titles to you... they just always seem like you're talking to us. Merry Christmas! Happy Day to you! Happy Halloween! Hehe. You make me happy. :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME card Shelly,I TOTALLY LOVE your sweet Santa,TOO CUTE!This is such a great christmas card,SUPER job my friend!!:)

Lisa said...

I love this adorable card, Shelly! Santa is so cute and jolly! And I love how you made the snow with cotton balls - so creative and fabulous! What a great Christmas card - you have put me in the spirit to make some holiday cards!! LOVE it :D

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This looks great, Shelly! The glitter is fantastic!

Cely said...

so cute! it looks like he's going to jump right on my lap!

*Star said...

Super cute card! I love that Santa and the papers you used. So festive! Tfs and have a great day. :)

P.s. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. :)

Kate said...

This is so fun! I just love the stitching by the sentiment - and that big jolly Santa looks fantastic!