Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Die Cuttin Diva's - April's Symbols Flowers or Bling

Hello!
It's Tuesday and you know what that means... challenge day over at DCD. Today's challenge is an easy one :) We are in the spring mood, so get out your flowers or sparkles and come join us.
I made a card for mom :) This card took some time to put together but I really wanted to try and make one. I've seen many videos on the fuse tool and it looks awesome. I actually couldn't find one in stores. I had hoped I could try and DIY one but I ended up with something a bit different.

I started with an A2 card and cut the center out. Then I replaced the center with acetate. Next I cut a piece of white cardstock just shy of 4.25x5.5 and with a pencil marked the outline of my space. This is where I will lay out my flower pattern. So with the fuse tool all sides would be completely sealed and look really finished. Mine would not seal in some spots on the side. I didn't want to use too much glue because it would show through.

I filled the space with lots of die cut spring flowers and then adhered the entire piece to the inside of the card. It took me some time and I know with the fuse tool it will give your card more of a shaker look which was what I wanted, but I liked this too :)
Please pop over to Die Cuttin Divas Challenge and check out the inspiration from DT and join us for the challenge! We would love to have you.

Join the group over on facebook HERE

 photo Blog footer.png

9 comments:

CA Scrapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CA Scrapper said...

Love that card! So pretty.

Leslie

Sukie said...

Beautiful card! I love the floral panel in the center of your card against the white!

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! Lots of work to make your card! But it turned out beautiful and your Mom will LOVE it! Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love it!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Shelly!! The flowers look amazing!! What a beautiful card for your mom!! She will adore it!! I have a Fuse Tool and I don't use it as much as I should. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Super pretty card Shelly! I love the bright flowers~great paper choices! I don't have the fuse either..I have been thinking of it though :) If you get one, let me know what you think~
Hugs,
Sherrie K

snappy scrappy said...

LOVE this design!

Unknown said...

Super pretty card, Shelly! Love your technique!