Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Die Cuttin Divas - Earth Day: Use Something Recycled

Hi Everyone!
Happy Tuesday! I'ts time for another Die Cuttin Divas Challenge. Today's theme is 

           Earth Day: Use Something Recycled
I'm pretty sure if you're a crafter you've held on to a few things, a bottle, jar, bag, ribbon, tape, buttons. I know you've got something :) Well, get it out and use it along with a die cut and come join the fun! The DT projects are so creative. I love them all, did you see Laura's card. She used a handle from a old gift bag to create a jump rope! SUPER CUTE!
I have had this Tea canister for a REALLY long time. My hubs received it as a gift from a business client and once the tea was gone I figured I could use it for something :)
Obviously by looking at this you can see it's a SUPER simple project that you could just decorate clean and simple or go wild....



I used orange light weight paper and measured and cut accordingly.  I placed dry adhesive on the paper and wrapped the tea canister. I suggest when wrapping anything to use light weight paper and dry adhesive. I started with the complete opposite  - cardstock and liquid and it bubbled and rippled.
Next is the fun part.... I am using this as a storage container for my craft room so I kept it CAS. I used a Chevron Die from Scrappy Mom Stamps and some yummy Orangesicle Trendy Twine. This is a great technique to use on peanut, popcorn, pringles cans, etc...

Please pop over and link up with us this week, we would love to have you!

Have a GREAT Day!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

What a wonderful recycled project !! It turned out perfect !!!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty!

Kate said...

Awesome Upscale love it.

Creative M said...

Super COOL!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Gerda said...

Very pretty!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Sherrie K. said...

What a cool idea-always need storage idea's and how fun to make something decorative for your craft room! Love the idea Shelly! It turned out awesome!!!

I hope you have recovered from Easter after having family come! We had a good time back home-we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked but it was fun! Little Arya had a good time but super scared of the bunny!
She kept saying to me~"the bunny is scary Nanny" like a million times! She was afraid-no picture taken with the bunny this year :(
I am not sure why she got so scared..Oh well, we will try next year for the picture.

Hope you are enjoying your day..it is about 50 and sunny hear-little cool but I'll take it!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

Love your project Shelly!!!! What a fun way to recycle!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous upcycle, Shelly!! The chevron pattern looks amazing!! What a fabulous project for your craft room!! I hope you are having a great day my friend!! Have a wonderful evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Norma said...

Fabulous way to recycle and make these lovely containers to store crafty goodies, I would love it to hold colored pencils:) I hope you and a wonderful Easter with your family.
Hugs,
Norma

Cindy said...

GREAT project idea my friend, Looks FANTASTIC!!! :)

Blogger said...

Did you consider exchanging with the best Bitcoin exchange company - YoBit.

Blogger said...

Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
Triple your claimed satoshis with this advanced BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR.