Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Die Cuttin Diva's - It's all about Fall


Happy Tuesday!!


It's time for another Die Cuttin Divas Challenge. Today's challenge is all about Fall! Oh my gosh do I love this time of year! I know we're not having Fall weather yet but I'm patiently waiting :) I created a card keeping all thing Fall in mind.


I used ovals from MCT to create this cute little pumpkin, but the background is my favorite! I got out my paper crimper to create this card. I ran some kraft cardstock through the crimper and then gently rubbed white colorbox ink over the top. I then covered it in glitter embossing powder and heat embossed it. It gave the card the prettiest effect, reminds me of an old picket fence.

I embellished the pumpkin with MCT leaves and Trendy Twine - Thanksgiving Orange Truffle. For the stem I used the wood arrow stamps from Peachy Keen March 2013 KOTM and finally I printed a sentiment from my computer, used an MCT label, machine stitched the mats and used TH distress ink.

Please pop over to Die Cuttin Divas Challenge and check out the DT and join us for the challenge! We would love to have you.

Join the group over on facebook HERE

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

FANTASTIC paper combo! Wow, I just love the arrangement on this Shelly! The crimped paper and heat set of glitter looks awesome...such a fun look and great texture!!! The pumpkin couldn't be cuter and love the fun twine!
Hands down....ADORBS fall card my friend!

I can't believe you are having such hot weather still. Is that normal for there? It was cool last week but we have a beautiful week going in the 70's, sun shining and the leaves are at their peek! AMAZING...I am hoping to sneak away tomorrow for the afternoon with hubby and stroll down by the lake walk of Lake Superior :)
Have a great day my friend!
Sherrie K

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Shelly!! I love the pumpkin!! The texture you added with the paper crimper is fabulous!! Everything about this is so awesome - a perfect fall card...and I can't believe it's fall already!! I want summer to last a little longer!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the crimped background, what wonderful texture! And, that pumpkin is totally fabulous!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, I love the pumpkins you created and the paper is perfect....of course I adore the twine you used! The crimped background is the perfect rustic background for this fall beauty! Hopefully you will get some "fall like" weather soon!

jessica said...

What an AWESOME card Shelly! I LOVE the papers, LO and that pumpkin is perfect!
FAB card my friend!

Angie said...

Great card, love the pumpkin! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Migdalia said...

Fabulous & fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*



Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL card, AWESOME job as always!!! :)