Thursday, January 19, 2012

CWC Challenge Winter Warmies

Hi Everyone!

I saw the challenge over at Cooking with Cricut and it looked so fun! Its a winter warmies challenge. The challenge this week should be all about the way we keep warm during these cold days. From mittens and scarves to Hot Cocoa and more! There isn't one thing in our house that gets more use in the winter than my fireplace. I created this card to look just like my fireplace.  DIY tip.... Last year I painted some old black frames (just the frame no glass) and hung some ornaments in them. This is such an EASY Holiday decor that looks pretty.  You can use old ornaments of different sizes and paint and glitter them, add bows, ribbons, etc... It's a fun project,
OK back to the card, most of the images came from the Joys of the season cartridge and Jolly Holidays. All of it was designed on my gypsy for sizing purposes. The paper was all scraps (yay for me).  Just a fun little card....

Hope you all have a great night and please stop by tomorrow for my 3rd week of giveaways. It's another one of my favorite things!!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Jovan said...

OMG...Shelly this card is so BEAUTIFUL! Your details on the fireplace are wonderful!

Sherrie K. said...

This is SO awesome Shelly!! What a great home decor piece. Very pretty and love background paper and the scene you created. It definitely looks warm and cozy!! Very nice and very creative:)TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

kramer_buffy said...

wow, can't believe your cricut cut out that tiny garland, mine likes the rip all those tiny things apart.
-- dalis
CWC Chef

Holly Gagnon said...

Love it girl! As, always I love everything you make. I used this same fireplace cut on a card I made before but yours looks much better! Holly CWC-DT

Amy said...

Great card! I love the fireplace scene you created!!! :)Amy

Julie said...

Love your fireplace card!

Julie
www.randomcraftsofkindness.com

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Love the fireplace scene! Pretty garland!
Glenda

Heather May Holbrook said...

What a great scene card- I LOVE all the detail like that sweet little garland and the ornament frames that mimic the real ones you made -GREAT job!! Thanks so much for joining us at Cooking with Cricut this week!
Hugs,
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

Jessica Buffa said...

Shelly this says warm warm warm! Love it so much.
:O)
Jessica

Adrian said...

such an awesome scene! Thanks for playing @ CWC!

jennyplace2 said...

What a lovely card I can feel the heat just coming off the fireplace, great job on the challenge. thanks for joining the challenge at Cooking with Cricut.

ShersL84bed said...

Great card, looks warm and inviting.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful firepalce. A lot of creativity on your blog-- excited to follow you!

Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Daisylove Creations said...

Shelly,
This is absolutely stunning!! All those little details from the garland, frames & candles are absolutely fabulous!! I also love that background paper, it looks like wallpaper. LOVE it!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Great card, Shelly! I love to create "scenes" like this and did a similar one at Christmas time as a two page layout for my DD. Thanks for linking up to our "Winter Warmies" challenge at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Jill said...

Absolutely, adore everything about your card! Simply Fabulous! Smiles, Jill Cwc DT