Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Die Cuttin' Diva's - Sketch challenge

Hi There!

It's Tuesday and welcome to another challenge day over at DCD, this week it's our monthly sketch challenge. I always love the sketch challenge and try to push myself out of the box. So here is what I came up with.

I wanted to use some summer colors and I actually had some of these papers sitting on my desk. I wouldn't normally pair them together but I kind of like the way they looked. Here is the sketch

I turned it and used it vertically.

I used die cut labels and butterfly from My creative time. The circle die cut is from Spellbinders. As you can see I'm sort of in a clean and simple mood. Most of my cards have been leaning towards that style. It might be because I have been cleaning and purging many items in our home. It feels wonderful!

Please pop over to Die Cuttin Divas Challenge and check out the inspiration from DT and join us for the challenge! We would love to have you.

Join the group over on facebook HERE
 photo Blog footer.png

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Shelly!! I love the papers you used!! The butterfly looks amazing!! What a perfect take on the sketch!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card! I love the simplicity of it! Your take on the sketch is adorable!!
Great job Shelly!
Hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! It is crazy how fast it is flying! Gosh really, it August already?! I can't believe we leave on our Mexico trip again next month:) Looking forward to the beach!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

snappy scrappy said...

FAB design!!!

L.B. said...

I think these patterns work so well and love how the white shows off

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so PRETTY!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations