Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gift Card Holders

Hi Everyone!


Today I have a gift card holder for you.  I was asked by a local boutique to come up with some ideas for gift cards and gift wrapping (for jewelry). So here is what I came up with for the GC holder. I left the inside blank (at their request) for their branded gift card. They want to adhere the card with special glue instead of slits to hold the card.  I thinks this was a great idea because you don't really need an envelope.  I can also punch a hole at the top of the card and they can hang/display them on the sales counter.  Super plain and nothing cutesy! It's not that kind of boutique. I had this idea in mind and then saw the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge. Create a card or other item and include a rectangle and a triangle on your project. Fits in perfectly! Hope you enjoy! Wish me luck, hope they like it! 


Cartridge - Tie the knot, TBBM
Paper - DCWV - Mi Casa Stack
Ribbon - Micheals
Photobucket

13 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Shelly, your GC holder is fabulous. What a neat idea. Congrats on being asked to have them "shown off" at the boutique.
Smilez and Good luck in the challenge at FCCB.
Jessica

DebC said...

LOVE THIS!!! Can you share the cut file or how to make it? I would love to make one of these but not sure how or what size etc.
Thanks
Deb
dsc105@live.com

Judy said...

I love this gift card holder how cute.... I just became your newest follower. I hope you stop by my blog to follow me as well. Have a great day.
Judy

June Houck said...

Holy Moly, that criss-cross card is on a cartridge? I need to bump "Tie the Knot" further up my wish list. This would make life SO much easier! Your gift card holder is beautiful! I love the papers and embossing; perfect for a boutique!

My Lil' Bits said...

I love it! It looks so elegant. Congrats to you that's a wonderful compliment to have your work requested! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FCCB!

Lisa C

Cathy said...

I love it too, how lucky for you to have a chance to display your craft.

thekolbes said...

Awesome
Thanks for sharing
Trish

Sarah said...

What a great gift card holder-- I'm sure the store will LOVE em! Great work. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week!

Anonymous said...

Great gift card holder. This is such a cute way to display them.

Nati Tristan said...

What a beautiful holder! That pattern paper and color combination look great together!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Just lovely! The cut and the paper you used are both fabulous! Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCB!

Marlene said...

Great Idea! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Jennie Garcia said...

That is so gorgeous and elegant!! Love it!!
Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/