Friday, June 6, 2014

Craftin Desert Divas "Picture That" Set

Hi Everyone!
It's my day to share a card over at Craftin Desert Divas. Today's card is inspired from the newest release "Picture That". I just LOVE this set, super popular right now and perfect for cards or scrap booking. Last week during the release I showcased the sentiment "Happy Day" HERE & the fabulous picture frame HERE. Today I'm showcasing "Always".

I made a card for my baby :) I used my gypsy for this project, but all you need to do is die cut your letters or even use up some of those old font stickers... mix and match styles and sizes. If your familiar with using the Gypsy just use the weld button on each letter and you should be able to cut your image in one piece.

I layered the words to give the project dimension. I just added pop dots in between the layers. Okay I have a question...... Why don't they make pop dots in different colors??? Or do they?? I don't like to see the white dots peeking through when I use dark paper, so I always color the outside of the dot with marker. hmmm, my thought for the day - HAHA

Pretty simple project, the hardest part was selecting my color scheme.  I just couldn't pick the right combo :) In the end I love the pink, white & black.

As always with CDD stamps - crystal clear image. No need to press hard, crisp and clear every time!

Larger Image


Stop by Craftin Desert Diva's Shop to purchase the newest release and don't forget to join the 
CDD Gallery - We'd love you to share your projects using the CDD stamps.
Don't for get to like the CDD FB Page HERE


10 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great card! They do make pop dots in black too. I don't remember where I got mine, but I have some. Just Googled...Scrapbook Adhesive is the maker.

snappy scrappy said...

Fab!!!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Shelly!! I love the pink, black and white!! And your welded words look amazing!! Colored pop-dots would be awesome!! I buy rolls of foam tape and just cut pieces to fit and hopefully make them small enough to not show. I've never thought about coloring the edges - how creative!! I'm going to do that now!!

I hope you have fun plans for the weekend!! It's been beautiful here - almost perfect weather!! I hope it holds out all weekend!! Have a great one my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Gorgeous CAS card, the colors look fabulous! Fun way to add the sentiment to your welded words! Have a great Friday!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card Shelly! Love the color combo and I am with you regarding pop dots! They should come in all colors, ha? I like your idea of coloring them..may have to try that! Your welding of letters look awesome and love the fonts you chose!

Sorry, I am a few days behind from visiting. I had Arya a lot last wk and this wk due to my daughter working out of town and her Daddy working late shifts. So, my blogging time has been very limited and any spare time has been working on a banner & party favors for the upcoming wedding shower :)

Take care and hope your having nice weather! It has been pretty nice this wk. Some raining today but suppose to clear up for a beautiful Sunday! My kids and families are all coming over tomorrow for a BBQ :)
Hugs,
Sherrie K

DIANA L. said...

I like the idea coloring the pop dots!! great card I like your design. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know about pop dots in different colors, but I remember reading somewhere that someone ran those craft foam sheets through a Xyron to make her own. She could cut them into any shape she needed, or use a hole punch to make circles. I never tried it, though.

Evelyn

Kate said...

Adorable

jessica said...

LOVE this card Shelly!!! GREAT center sentiment!!! LOVE how you popped it up too!
They totally need to make colored pop dots...I love your idea of coloring them!! That's brilliant :)

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with this one too my friend!!!! :)